- Generate interactive maps with only a few clicks.
- With or without coding knowledge, Mapize’s easy and intelligent tools make creating an interactive map more convenient.
- You won’t have to deal with bugs in your program or interactivity issues.
- Have an interactive map up and running quickly and glitch-free.
Generating Interactive Maps
To give you an idea, here’s a how-to of basic interactive map generation using code:
If you’re not familiar with coding language, the steps below will just be gibberish to you. Take note that these are just the basics and do not involve debugging issues that commonly crop up.
- Generating a functional interactive map requires basic knowledge of JaveScript, MySql, PHP, and XML.
- Input location data into MySQL or a similar database management system.
- Update your MySQL database with the coordinates.
- Create an editing interface so you can easily update your map as needed; this is optional.
If you need to make corrections or changes to your map, you will have to rewrite some codes or write new ones. Generating an interactive map using code is time-consuming, to say the least, even if you know basic coding language and tools.
Fortunately, Mapize makes generating an interactive map fairly easy. You won’t need to take a crash-course in basic online programming or spend precious hours getting answers and solutions in various coding forums. You can create a fully functional interactive map for your website with just a few clicks using Mapize’s map-creation tools.
- Create a spreadsheet containing your location data.
- Copy your location data and paste it into Mapize’s locator data box.
- Click on “Map Now” to generate your map.
- Provide a map name and description and then click “Save.”