Boost your website’s interactivity by including a store locator feature in your map! It might seem like a technical process that requires programming skills, but Mapize makes it as easy as making a few clicks!
Mapize’s Store Locator
- Your customers or website visitors can easily locate businesses within your vicinity using a store name, business address, or even a postal code.
- Take advantage of an optimized and user-friendly interface, whether on a mobile device or a computer.
- Seamlessly embed our store locator function into your website with just a few, simple steps.
How To Embed Mapize’s Store Locator Feature Into Your Website
Just follow these steps and you’ll be guaranteeing a much-improved website experience for your visitors in no time!
- Create a spreadsheet with your map location data.(Need help? Visit our Excel support section for a guided how-to of creating a map.)
- Select and copy all the spreadsheet data.
- On the Mapize homepage, paste the content into the location data box.
- When you save your map, you will be asked to provide an email address so we can send you the link to your map. The email will also include the embed code for the store locator tool. Alternatively, you can edit your saved map and retrieve the embed code from there.
That’s all there is to it! You have just generated a map with a store locator function embedded in it.
Any map generated using Mapize and integrated with the store locator function is searchable directly via the map interface (unless this function is disabled). You also have the option of embedding a separate store locator search box outside the map. This is especially useful if you want the search box to be present on every page of your website, and not just alongside the map itself.
Mapize Geolocation Data Access
To accurately geocode or plot your map, we derive the following data from your IP addresses using the geolocation API of a trusted and reliable IP information web service:
- City name
- Zip or postal code
- Latitude and longitude